We hope you have all had a great summer and are looking forward to a new year at PS 150! With just a few days left before the first day of school, we wanted to remind you of upcoming events and important features here and on the PS 150 web site:
- The 2014 Summer Mailing is online and includes letters from Principal Jenny Bonnet and individual classroom teachers, supply lists, and PTA notices.
- We have a new PTA Executive Board and School Leadership Team.
- Our calendar is up-to-date and includes dates of school events, PTA and SLT meetings, holidays and closures.
- Two special events will be happening on the first day of school, Thursday, Sept. 4. After drop-off at 8:40AM, there will be a Welcome Breakfast on the plaza sponsored by Zucker’s Bagels. Please stop by and meet fellow parents, your PTA Executive Board, and school administration staff. Later, at 1PM, there will be a Watermelon Social at the gazebo in Washington Market Park for the Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten classes and their parents and caregivers.
- Curriculum Night is on Thursday, Sept 11 from 5-8PM. More details to follow.
- The first PTA meeting and potluck dinner of the year will take place on Tuesday, Sept. 16 from 6-7:30PM in the Community Room at Independence Plaza North. Childcare for children ages 4 and up will be available.
- New parents who would like to connect with existing ones, and returning parents interested in partnering with new families: please sign up to join the PS 150 Buddy List.
Here at Heard on the Steps, we will be putting up a section with answers to basic questions such as, “What do I do when my child is late for school?” If you have a question, e-mail us and we will post an answer.
Best of luck on the first day!