One might think February a quiet month, but not here at PS 150! There are just a few days until our Midwinter Recess, and there are events going on before, during, and after the break. To update you:
- We have a Teacher & Staff Appreciation Breakfast this Friday at 8AM in the Art Room. Parents, please come by and enjoy coffee and delicious viennoiserie courtesy of Pain D’Avignon, co-owned by Pre-K parent Bane Stamenkovic. Thank you, Bane! Also, stick around immediately afterwards for Java with Jenny.
- There is a workshop for 3rd-5th Grade parents on Wednesday, Feb. 11 at 8:45AM on preparing for the NYS Assessments in ELA and Math.
- Our Family Skate at the South Street Seaport was such a hit, we are doing it again! Join us on Sunday, Feb. 22 from 10AM-12PM for one last twirl around the ice before the rink closes for the season at the end of the month. We are not holding a PTA fundraiser this time around, but all members of the PS 150 party again will receive the neighborhood discount of 50% off admission and rentals.
- Right after the break, we will be holding our second evening PTA meeting and potluck dinner on Tuesday, Feb. 24 at 6PM in the Community Room. Childcare, sponsored by the PTA, will be available.
- Start going through your kids’ books. Collections for Project Cicero will take place from Mar. 2-5. Project Cicero accepts and distributes gently used children’s and young adult books to under-resourced NYC classrooms.
- Preparations for our Spring Auction on Sunday, Mar. 22 are gathering speed. Visit our new Bidding for Good page to donate items, become a sponsor, buy tickets to the live event, and view the items that will be available for online bidding starting on Mar. 10. We are still accepting fabulous donations until Monday, Mar. 2.
- Taste of Tribeca 2015 is also well underway. Tickets for the May 16 event, as well as our cocktail party launch, will go on sale next month.
- The New York International Children’s Film Festival runs from Feb. 27-Mar. 22. Buy tickets online and select PS 150 as your school, and we will receive $3 for every ticket purchased.